Premier Soccer Academy
Open House & On-Field Evaluation for September, 2016
Friday, January 22, 2016 @ Ambleside Fields & Ambleside Youth Center
1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
The Open House is designed to inform parents about West Vancouver Schools’ Premier Soccer Academy and to have potential student-athletes participate in an on-field evaluation. If you and your son/daughter would like to be a part of the Open House, the process is as follows:
- Complete and submit an on-line soccer academy registration form.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation from Diane Nelson within 24 hours.
- Scan or drop off a copy of the student’s first term report card (when you receive it) to the Sports Academy Office at Sentinel Secondary School.
- You will be contacted again via e-mail in early January to re-confirm parent/student participation in the Open House and to provide final details for that afternoon session.
Parent & Student Preparation for Open House
- Registered students (and parents) are asked to arrive at Ambleside D at 1:20 p.m.
- Students are requested to arrive ready to participate in an on-field try-out from
1:30 – 3:00 p.m. wearing appropriate soccer clothing, including shin pads. It is also recommended that students bring water bottles to the session as it will be 75 minutes in duration. This afternoon session takes place rain or shine.
- Parents are to arrive to the Ambleside Youth Center (which is located southeast of the Ambleside field) for an information session by Diane Nelson & Kathy Grant (Vice-Principal & Advanced Placement Coordinator at Sentinel Secondary).
- A reminder that Diane Nelson should have received a copy of the student’s first term report card before the Open House. Please submit with your registration or when you receive it.
- Parents who are registered will receive a package of information upon arrival to the Open House.
- At the completion of the Open House, parents are to contact Diane Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-981-1150 to confirm continued interest in moving forward with the registration process.
- Parents will be notified of final selections within days of the Open House.
- Out-of-catchment or out-of-district students may register for the school itself starting January 15, 2016. If the student’s elementary school is a feeder school to the secondary school (e.g., Pauline Johnson is a feeder school to Sentinel) no SCHOOL registration is necessary but a Soccer Academy registration is required.
PLEASE DIRECT INQUIRIES TO:Diane Nelson
Director of Instruction
West Vancouver Schools Premier Academy
Office Direct Line: 604-981-1150