Eagle Harbour Montessori is a publically funded Montessori school within West Vancouver Schools
Click here for registration information.
Montessori Program – What’s New
All students at Eagle Harbour Montessori School, from Kindergarten to Grade 5, will learn in a Montessori classroom.
Eagle Harbour Montessori Preschool and Childcare
Eagle Habour Montessori School is pleased to be able to offer families a continuous Montessori experience, from pre-school to Grade 5.
Eagle Harbour Montessori Preschool (operated by Wise Owl Montessori) will offer curriculum-based Montessori preschool and before and after school multi-age group childcare. Specialty curricula will include art, dance, acting classes and circle time.
Learn more about these programs at www.eagleharbourmontessori.com or call (604) 808-1822.
On November 4, 2008, the West Vancouver Board of Education approved the introduction of a Montessori program at Eagle Harbour Primary School, beginning with a Kindergarten class in September 2009. By September 2013, the Montessori program had expanded and delivered to students in Kindergarten – Grade 5.
Eagle Harbour Montessori School is the first public Montessori school on the North Shore.
Key Characteristics of the Montessori Program
- A multi-aged, multi-graded, heterogeneous group of students.
- A partnership with the family to support the individual child’s total development.
- A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences, which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative and social independence.
- A schedule that allows large blocks of uninterrupted time to problem solve, to see the interdisciplinary connections of knowledge, and to create new ideas.
- A classroom atmosphere that encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
Specialty Program Fee
A fee will be attached to participation in the Montessori specialty program in order to support the expense of equipping each classroom with the special materials used in a Montessori program.
- Please inquire for information about the current fee: 604-981-1380