Applications are now open for an exciting art opportunity at West Vancouver Secondary School.
Art West 45 is a full-day, broad-based visual arts program that will be offered in September 2016 to students in grades 10-12 who have a strong interest in visual arts and design. Students who want to push themselves a little more in the visual arts or those who just enjoy creating and making all kinds of art and want a bit more time in the art studio will benefit from this vibrant, enriched program.
Students spend 1-3 blocks in one day in the studio, allowing them to pursue more advanced art techniques, including work with life models. Work may be used to build a strong personal portfolio for post-secondary education opportunities and employment following graduation.
Students will receive up to 16 credits towards graduation, along with the opportunity to develop connections through community galleries, studios and businesses.
As a full-day program, Art West 45 supports a passion for the arts by offering:
- Extended time to work on projects
- Increased 1:1 time with teachers
- Opportunities to develop techniques, broaden skill set and develop personal interests
- Portfolio development for post-secondary consideration
- Opportunities for cross-curricular connections to enhance creative development
- Connection to the local community