Eagle Harbour Montessori is a publically funded Montessori school within West Vancouver Schools
Click here for registration information.
Montessori Visitor Days
Come and see an elementary Montessori class in action! Meet Eagle Harbour’s dynamic staff, tour the school and see first-hand the materials and strategies that children use to learn about language, math and culture in a Montessori elementary classroom.
Any upcoming Visitor Days will be posted on the Eagle Harbour school website here.
For more information, please call (604) 981-1380.
Montessori Program – What’s New
All students at Eagle Harbour Montessori School, from Kindergarten to Grade 5, will learn in a Montessori classroom with fully-trained Montessori teachers.
Eagle Harbour Montessori Preschool and Childcare
Eagle Habour Montessori School is pleased to be able to offer families a continuous Montessori experience, from pre-school to Grade 5.
Eagle Harbour Montessori Preschool (operated by Wise Owl Montessori) will offer curriculum-based Montessori preschool and before and after school multi-age group childcare. Specialty curricula will include art, dance, acting classes and circle time.
Learn more about these programs at www.eagleharbourmontessori.com or call (604) 808-1822.
On November 4, 2008, the West Vancouver Board of Education approved the introduction of a Montessori program at Eagle Harbour Primary School, beginning with a Kindergarten class in September 2009. By September 2013, the Montessori program had expanded and delivered to students in Kindergarten – Grade 5.
Eagle Harbour Montessori School is the first public Montessori school on the North Shore.
Key Characteristics of the Montessori Program
- A multi-aged, multi-graded, heterogeneous group of students.
- A partnership with the family to support the individual child’s total development.
- A diverse set of Montessori materials, activities, and experiences, which are designed to foster physical, intellectual, creative and social independence.
- A schedule that allows large blocks of uninterrupted time to problem solve, to see the interdisciplinary connections of knowledge, and to create new ideas.
- A classroom atmosphere that encourages social interaction for cooperative learning, peer teaching, and emotional development.
Specialty Program Fee
A fee will be attached to participation in the Montessori specialty program in order to support the expense of equipping each classroom with the special materials used in a Montessori program.
- Please inquire for information about the current fee: 604-981-1380