Concussion Awareness Training Tool for Teachers & Administrators
Dr. Mark Lysyshyn, Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health announced on February 24 the launch of a Concussion Awareness and Training Tool for Educators.
CATT for School Professionals, developed in partnership with the BC Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education and the GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre, provides educators and school administrators with resources to support a concussed student in his/her integration back to school:
- RECOGNIZE the signs and symptoms of a concussion
- RESPOND to a concussion event
- Understand what a student needs to RECOVER from a concussion
- PREPARE for a student’s return to school
- Support a student’s RETURN to learn and activities
- PREVENT and support PRACTICE through strategies and POLICIES
The tool can be found here: http://educators.cattonline.com/ for administrators and teachers.
It is recommended that all administrators & teachers know about the tool and review the material so that they are well informed. The training can be done online and takes 50 minutes to complete. (It is even recommended that everyone on staff working with students review the material.)
The Concussion Awareness and Training Tools for Parents and Coaches launched some time ago may also be of interest to those in our school communities: http://ppc.cattonline.com/learning-tool/