If you are interested in this program, please complete the Student Information Form. The Academy Office will contact you to complete the registration process.
The Volleyball Academy is full for the 2021-2022 school year. However, we are now accepting registrations for the 2022-2023 school year.
The Premier Volleyball Academy training program is open to females, Grades 8-12 who are registered full time in any one of district’s public schools: Rockridge, Sentinel or West Vancouver Secondary Schools.
- To develop knowledge, skills, and abilities in the sport of volleyball
- To follow the Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model to match the appropriate skills to the age level
- To provide activities that ensure all students feel welcomed and a valued part of the collective group
- To provide progressive activities that improve students’ overall confidence and self-esteem
- To communicate and reiterate the importance of sportsmanship when participating in activities
- To motivate students to enjoy and participate in the sport of volleyball for life, be it as a recreational player, competitive player, referee, or coach.
Eligibility: Females, Grades 8-12 full registered at Rockridge, Sentinel or West Vancouver Secondary
Location: West Vancouver Secondary School gymnasium
Days: Linear (all year long) Tuesday & Thursday
Time: 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Students who participate all year long receive the following Ministry course, depending on the student grade level:
- Physical & Health Education 8
- Physical & Health Education 9
- Physical & Health Education 10
- Fitness & Conditioning 11
- Fitness & Conditioning 12
Assessment & Evaluation
In our academy programs, we care about our students. We work to ensure a welcoming environment, one that helps ensure students feel a sense of belonging as the participate in the programs.
We implement a variety of strategies to help students identify individual goals and then we strive to help students meet those individual goals, reflecting on their ongoing journeys along the way.
Timely and Ongoing
- Adapt coaching to meet the needs of the students
- Conduct ongoing informal assessment (ongoing one-on-one feedback) throughout the year
Clear and Intentional
- Focus on quality instruction for all students
- Deliver lessons that are designed to meet the needs of the students’ various skill levels & abilities
Communicate Student Learning
- Provide ongoing feedback to students and communicate regularly and consistently, meaningful feedback to students & families
- Academy personnel work together to identify best practices
Tuition: $2750 per year. The fee is $275 per month x 10 months (September – June)
The process for registration for the Premier Volleyball Academy is:
Registering online for the program
Parents will be informed of the date/s for the on-court student assessment
Once the student participates in the on-court assessment, parents will be informed of the results with follow up communication from the Academy office
Students interested in the Premier Volleyball Academy must submit the Student Information Form.