If you are interested in this program, please complete the Student Information Form. The Academy Office will contact you to complete the registration process.
Monday, February 3, 2020 | 6:45-7:15 PM
West Vancouver Secondary School – Cafeteria
West Vancouver Schools’ Premier Academy is a wonderful program for the student who wants to develop his/her potential as a high performance athlete, or simply wants to learn and enjoy playing the game of tennis. Students, Grades 8-12, enrolled at any one of our three secondary schools are eligible to register for the program.
New for the 2020/2021 school year: On-Court instruction will be held at the West Vancouver Tennis Club.
The primary goal of this program is to provide a formal tennis training program within the academic setting, to allow for achievement and excellence in sport and education.
West Vancouver Schools Premier Tennis Academy is a sports program within the public school system that offers young tennis players the opportunity not only to participate in a unique training schedule, but also to complete their academic course requirements.
This program is strictly supplementary to the existing programs run by various tennis clubs.
- Students must be registered full time at Rockridge, Sentinel or West Vancouver Secondary Schools
- Male or Female
- Grades 8-12
- A minimum of C+ average is expected academically
- Good to excellent work habits are expected in each subject area
- Good to excellence is expected in the area of social responsibility
Tuition is $5250 per year. This fee is divided into 10 equal payments @ $525 per month x 10 months (September to June).
Tennis Program Components
West Vancouver Tennis Club (WVTC); Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: Two different groups depending upon the skill level: 6:15 -7:30 a.m. OR 6:30 – 7:45 a.m. For each on-court session, students are to arrive at the WVTC on time, dressed and ready to participate.
Students are responsible for their own transportation back to their schools after each training session.
Course Information for Participation:
Students participating in the WVS Premier Tennis Academy receive Physical & Health Education 8-10 or Fitness & Conditioning 11-12.
West Vancouver Schools’ Premier Tennis Academy provides the following:
- Premier places for learning. Students must be registered at any one of WVS secondary schools and participate in the tennis academy (Rockridge, Sentinel or West Vancouver Secondary)
- Premier Facilities: West Vancouver Tennis Club: 821-21st Street, West Vancouver
- Year Long Program: Academy runs September – June
- Courses: Students receive Physical Education 8-10 OR Fitness & Conditioning 11-12 for participation in the Tennis Academy.
- Excellent, qualified & competent instructional staff
- Exposure to tennis-specific training
- Ongoing communication and feedback to students & parents
Assessment & Evaluation
Skills & Fitness Assessment
Students’ skill and fitness levels are continually monitored. Formal assessment is conducted in September and late February. Students participate in a series of on-court with results documented in formal reports to students and parents.
We emphasize to our students the importance of forming good habits for success, not only in tennis, but also in school and in their relationships with others. Students are encouraged to be consistent in areas such as: goal setting, focus, work ethic, attitude and effort during both on-court and alternate activity/fitness-specific training sessions.
PLEASE DIRECT INQUIRIES TO:
Director of Instruction
West Vancouver Schools Premier Academy
Office Direct Line: 604-981-1150
Students interested in participating in the Premier Tennis Academy must complete a Student Information Form.