If you are interested in this program, please complete the Student Information Form. The Academy Office will then contact you to advise of next steps in the registration process.
The WV Schools’ Premier Soccer Academy is an athlete development program in the public school system that offers young soccer players the opportunity to complete their academic requirements in the morning and participate in soccer skill development training in the afternoon, all during school hours. Open to students in Grades 8-12 enrolled at any of our secondary schools, the program is strictly supplementary to the existing programs run by various community soccer clubs, and this program is not designed to establish or develop teams for competition.
The Program Concept
The West Vancouver Schools’ Premier Soccer Academy is a wonderful program for the student who wants to develop his/her potential as a high performance athlete or just simply wants to learn and enjoy playing the game. Students enrolled full time at Rockridge, École Sentinel or West Vancouver Secondary School have the opportunity to pursue the passion of playing soccer, while continuing to receive an excellent education.
- All students, Grades 8-12 registered full time at Rockridge, Sentinel or WVSS are eligible.
- Designed to be inclusive, welcoming students with a variety of skill levels.
- Small number of students to coach ratios to ensure quality sessions & ongoing feedback.
- Experienced & qualified coaching staff
- Training on outstanding facilities: Ambleside all-weather turf fields, West Vancouver
Through participation in the Premier Soccer Academy linearly (all year long) the students receive the following course based on the student’s grade level:
Physical & Health Education 8
Physical & Health Education 9
Physical & Health Education 10
Fitness & Conditioning 11
Fitness & Conditioning 12
In our academy programs, we care about our students. We work to ensure a welcoming environment, one that helps ensure students feel a sense of belonging as the participate in the programs.
We implement a variety of strategies to help students identify individual goals and then we strive to help students meet those individual goals, reflecting on their ongoing journeys along the way.
Assessment provides a process to:
Inform instructional practices
- Examine the effectiveness of our instruction
- Identify areas to target instructional support
Monitor progress of the students
WVS Premier Academy assessment aligns with West Vancouver’s guiding Assessment Principles. We strive to do the following:
Timely and Ongoing
- Adapt coaching/instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Conduct ongoing informal assessment (providing ongoing one-on-one feedback) throughout the year, and communicating formally to parents & students during regularly scheduled reporting periods
Clear and Intentional
- The focus is on quality instruction for all students
- Plan with the goal to deliver lessons that are designed to meet the needs of the students’ various skill levels & abilities
Communicate Student Learning
- Provide ongoing feedback to students; offer the ongoing open-door policy for parents; and communicate regularly and consistently, meaningful feedback to students & families
- Academy personnel work together to identify best practices & to meet the ongoing needs of all students in the programs
- identify best practices & to meet the ongoing needs of all students in the programs
Tuition: $2750 per year. The fee is $275 per month x 10 months (September – June) divided into 10 equal payments.
Students interested in the Premier Soccer Academy must complete a Student Information Form.