Students in West Vancouver Schools are eligible to receive transportation services if:
- You live WITHIN the “catchment area” (school boundaries) of your child’s school, AND
- You live OUTSIDE the “walk limits” of your child’s catchment school
- Walk limits:
Kindergarten to Grade 3: 4.0 km from school
Grades 4-12: 4.8 km from school
You must request transportation services for each eligible student in your household every year, by submitting an online student transportation request form.
How to Request Student Transportation Services
Please complete and submit an online request form for each student in your household for whom you are requesting transportation services by June 23, 2017 for the 2017/18 school year.
If you are a new registrant or have recently moved, please submit a request form for each student as soon as possible, even if the June deadline has passed.
IMPORTANT! All parents/guardians must submit an online request form for their eligible student(s) in order to receive service, starting in September 2017.
Registration process – next steps
- Once you have submitted an online request form, you will receive a letter from school district staff by Thursday, June 29, 2017 notifying you whether your child is eligible for transportation services.
- If your child is eligible for service, you will receive a follow-up email letter in late August 2017 providing you with detailed transportation service and route information.
- If you are a resident of Bowen Island, please visit the BICS website for information on student transportation on Bowen Island.
- If your student is an international student, please submit an online Student Transportation Request Form (as above), and email Manager of Transportation Nick Mann, indicating that your international student requires transportation assistance.
Important Information - First Day of School 2017/18
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – Tuesday, September 5, 2017
IMPORTANT! Bus service for eligible elementary and secondary students on the mainland will be provided IN THE MORNING ONLY on Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
This is a shortened school day. Return bus transportation will not be provided.
FULL BUS SERVICE – Starts Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Full bus service will start on the second day of school (Wednesday, September 6, 2017) for eligible students only.
BOWEN ISLAND STUDENTS (elementary and secondary)
- First Day of School – Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Bus service will not be provided on the first day of school on Bowen Island for either those students attending BICS or those travelling to/from the ferry.
- Full Bus Service begins on the second day of school, Wednesday, September 6, 2017, and continue on Thursday, September 7, 2017.
- Bus service on Bowen Island for both elementary and secondary students will be provided from Monday to Friday. Routes will remain the same as in previous years.
West Vancouver and Bowen Island School Bus Service and Routes
Eligible students – what you need to know:
Only those students who have been confirmed by West Vancouver Schools as eligible for transportation services will have access to a seat on a school bus for the 2017/18 school year.
Eligible students/families will receive an email from the school district confirming their status, as well as detailed information about bus routes and student ridership identification requirements.
Bus routes and student ridership identification
- Bus route schedule 2017-2018
- Bus route number/student roster
Eligible students will be assigned to a specific bus route number. Students’ names will be added to a roster for that bus route.
- Bus stickers
Bus stickers will be issued in mid-September at your student’s school to indicate your child’s eligibility to ride a specific bus.
Students must display their bus sticker in order to access their bus (starting in mid-September).
PLEASE NOTE: Bus stickers will not be available at the start of the school year until bus rosters are fully refined and student Go Cards are issued. Until that time, eligible students must carry the email letter sent by the school district as authorization to board their bus.
For more information, please contact our West Vancouver School transportation department at (604) 981-1075 or First Student Canada school bus provider at (604) 255-3555.
User-pay Bus to High Schools
User-pay Bus to High Schools
Is your child attending secondary school from North Vancouver? If so, there is a user-pay bus that operates every morning to transport students from the area.
There are currently other riders from previous years who have been given priority, but space still remains on some of these routes. If you would like to take advantage of this for your child, please contact the following people:
From Seymour, travelling to Sentinel and WVSS, please email Helen Salter.
From Lonsdale, travelling to Sentinel and WVSS, please email Larry Soukeroff
Ambleside/Dundarave route, please email Jodi Evans.