Tuesday, February 7, 2017
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR ARE NOW OPEN.
Round One – closes February 15
Round Two – closes March 2
This course is for students who are interested in teaching yoga as well as for students who are interested in learning more about yoga to enhance their own personal practice. The goal of the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training is to make students comfortable teaching a basic all levels yoga class. At the completion of the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training students will be qualified yoga teachers. The 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training course follows the guidelines set out by the Yoga Alliance, ensuring the highest educational standards of quality, integrity, and professionalism. Students will learn the tools and skills needed to effectively and safely teach yoga to all levels of students. This course will provide students with an employable certification that will open career opportunities in the health and wellness industry. It will also provide an enriching foundation for students interested in post-secondary studies in the area of health sciences. Students will receive 8 credits for the course.
- This program is designed for all high school students. Yoga is for Every Body, all ages, abilities, and fitness levels
- Students are encouraged to take at least 2 yoga classes a week for 2 months prior to the training (a total of 16 classes)
Location & Schedule
- The 200-Hour YTT program will be offered through West Vancouver Secondary School
- The program runs Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30 to 6 pm throughout the school year (September to June)
- Students earn 8 credits:
- 4 credits for Physical Education 10, 11, or 12 dependent on the student’s grade
- 4 credits of Yoga 11 or 12
- Students receive certification as qualified 200-Hour Yoga Teachers upon completion of the course requirements
- Students receive certification as qualified Yoga Alliance approved 200-Hour Yoga Teachers upon completion of the course requirements
- Students will be qualified to teach public or private classes through yoga studios, gyms, wellness centers, etc.
First round application deadline closes February 15, 2017. Second round application deadline closes March 2, 2017. Students are advised to register for this course early, as space in the program is limited.
- The 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training cost is $250. This price is all-inclusive and covers students’ textbooks, field trips, and guest instructors.
For more Information please contact: