At West Vancouver Schools, some students are eligible to receive transportation services. Eligible students are defined as:
- Students residing within their neighbourhood school catchment area and whose homes are beyond the walk limits of the catchment school.
Walk limits are as follows:
Kindergarten to Grade 3: 4.0 km from school
Grades 4-12: 4.8 km from school
You must request transportation services for each eligible student in your household every year, by submitting an online student transportation request form (see link below). Please note that schools supported by bus transportation are as follows: Rockridge Secondary School, Bowen Island Community School and Gleneagles Elementary only.
User-pay Bus to High Schools
There are currently user pay routes for morning only school bus service that provide transport for students to Sentinel and West Van Secondary from:
- North Vancouver (Parkgate, Blueridge and Lonsdale stops)
If you would like to take advantage of this for your student, please contact the following parent volunteers:
North Vancouver routes: Maureen Carbo (linked to email@example.com)
West Vancouver routes: Jodi Evans (linked to firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to Request Student Transportation Services
Please complete and submit an online request form for each student in your household for whom you are requesting transportation services by Monday, June 22, 2020.
If you are a new registrant or have recently moved, please submit a request form for each student as soon as possible, even if the June deadline has passed.
IMPORTANT! All parents/guardians must submit an online request form for their eligible student(s) in order to receive service. Student riders must be registered for safety purposes.
Registration process – next steps
- Once you have submitted an online request form, you will receive an email from school district staff by the end of July 2020, or sooner, notifying you whether your child is eligible for transportation services.
- If your child is eligible for service, you will receive a follow-up email in late August 2020 providing you with detailed transportation service and route information.
- If your student is an international student and is attending Rockridge Secondary or Gleneagles Elementary, please submit an online Student Transportation Request Form (as above), and email Manager of Transportation Janine Carpino at email@example.com, indicating that your international student requires transportation assistance.
Important Information - First Day of School 2020/21
- Start date of full bus service TBD, please check back here for any updates on when bus transportation will be returning to support in class instruction.
West Vancouver and Bowen Island School Bus Service and Routes
Bus routes and student ridership identification
- Bus route schedule 2019/20-click here
- Changes to the 2019/20 student transportation services as well as the 2020/21 bus route schedule will be posted here by August 14th, 2020
- Bus route number/student roster
Eligible students will be assigned to a specific bus route number. Students’ names will be added to a roster for that bus route.
For more information, please contact our West Vancouver School transportation department at 604-981-1081 or First Student Canada school bus provider at 604-255-3555.