At West Vancouver Schools, some students are eligible to receive transportation services. Eligible students are defined as:
- Students residing within their neighbourhood school catchment area and whose homes are beyond the walk limits of the catchment school.
Walk limits are as follows:
Kindergarten to Grade 3: 4.0 km from school
Grades 4-12: 4.8 km from school
You must request transportation services for each eligible student in your household every year, by submitting an online student transportation request form (see link below). Please note that schools supported by bus transportation are as follows: Rockridge Secondary School, Bowen Island Community School and Gleneagles Elementary only.
User-pay Bus to High Schools – Suspended until further notice
There are currently user pay routes for morning only school bus service that provide transport for students to Sentinel and West Van Secondary from:
- North Vancouver (Parkgate, Blueridge and Lonsdale stops)
If you would like to take advantage of this for your student, please contact the following parent volunteers:
North Vancouver routes: Maureen Carbo (linked to email@example.com)
How to Request Student Transportation Services
Please complete and submit an online request form for each student in your household for whom you are requesting transportation services by Monday, August 24, 2020.
If you are a new registrant or have recently moved, please submit a request form for each student as soon as possible, even if the August deadline has passed.
IMPORTANT! All parents/guardians must submit an online request form for their eligible student(s) in order to receive service. Student riders must be registered for safety purposes.
Registration process – next steps
- Once you have submitted an online request form, you will receive an email from school district staff notifying you whether your child is eligible for transportation services.
- If your child is eligible for service, you will receive a follow-up email providing you with detailed transportation service and route information.
- If your student is an international student and is attending Rockridge Secondary or Gleneagles Elementary, please submit an online Student Transportation Request Form (as above), and email Manager of Finance & Transportation Shayle Duffield at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating that your international student requires transportation assistance.
Important Information - 2020/21 Transportation Update
Please note that full bus service will commence on Monday, September 14th.
First Student School Buses – Phone: 604-255-3555
First Student – COVID-19
First Student – September 2020 Letter
West Vancouver Public Blue Bus Schedule
BC Ferries – Horseshoe Bay to Bowen Island Schedule
BC Ferries – COVID-19
West Vancouver Schools Student Transportation AP 550
Manager of Transportation – Phone: 604-981-1038