At West Vancouver Schools, some students are eligible to receive transportation services. Eligible students are defined as:
- Students residing within their neighbourhood school catchment area and whose homes are beyond the walk limits of the catchment school.
Walk limits are as follows:
Kindergarten to Grade 3: 4.0 km from school
Grades 4-12: 4.8 km from school
You must request transportation services for each eligible student in your household every year, by submitting an online student transportation request form (see link below). Please note that schools supported by bus transportation are as follows: Rockridge Secondary School, Bowen Island Community School and Gleneagles Elementary only.
There are user pay bus transportation routes to Sentinel Secondary (morning only) that are organized by parents.
Areas of West Vancouver to Sentinel Secondary: Jodi Evans, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seymour / Deep Cove NV to Sentinel Secondary, Maureen Carbo, email@example.com
Lonsdale Area NV to Sentinel Secondary, Bryan and Andrea Price, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Request Student Transportation Services
Please complete and submit an online request form for each student in your household for whom you are requesting transportation services by Friday, June 21st, 2019.
If you are a new registrant or have recently moved, please submit a request form for each student as soon as possible, even if the June deadline has passed.
IMPORTANT! All parents/guardians must submit an online request form for their eligible student(s) in order to receive service. Student riders must be registered for safety purposes.
Registration process – next steps
- Once you have submitted an online request form, you will receive an email from school district staff by the end of July 2019, or sooner, notifying you whether your child is eligible for transportation services.
- If your child is eligible for service, you will receive a follow-up email in late August 2019 providing you with detailed transportation service and route information.
- If your student is an international student, please submit an online Student Transportation Request Form (as above), and email Manager of Transportation Janine Carpino at email@example.com, indicating that your international student requires transportation assistance.
Important Information - First Day of School 2019/20
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – Tuesday, September 3, 2019
IMPORTANT! Bus service will be provided IN THE MORNING ONLY on Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
This is a shortened school day. Return bus transportation will not be provided.
FULL BUS SERVICE – Starts Wednesday, September 4, 2019
Full bus service will start on the second day of school (Wednesday, September 4, 2019).
BOWEN ISLAND STUDENTS (elementary and secondary)
- First Day of School – Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
- Bus service will not be provided on the first day of school on Bowen Island for either those students attending BICS or those travelling to/from the ferry.
- Full Bus Service begins on the second day of school, Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
- Bus service on Bowen Island for both elementary and secondary students will be provided from Monday to Friday. Please check route maps for any changes.
West Vancouver and Bowen Island School Bus Service and Routes
Bus routes and student ridership identification
- Bus route schedule 2019/20-coming soon
- Changes to the 2019/20 student transportation services as well as the 2019/20 bus route schedule will be posted here by August 15th, 2019
- Bus route number/student roster
Eligible students will be assigned to a specific bus route number. Students’ names will be added to a roster for that bus route.
For more information, please contact our West Vancouver School transportation department at 604-981-1081 or First Student Canada school bus provider at 604-255-3555.