Welcome to the Rockridge Parent Portal
Welcome to the Rockridge MyEducation BC PARENT PORTAL which will allow access to see grades, attendance and other information on your child(ren). Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account . Please see the attached MyEdBC Parent Portal Login Instructions for instructions. For more tips and a lengthier explanation please see below.
To Access the MyEducation BC System
- Visit www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen (it is suggested you bookmark this website)
- Make sure popups are enabled for your browser. When initiating a new account or creating a new password, use a desktop of laptop computer; you may not be able to initiate accounts from a Smartphone
- Your username was included in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and usually is comprised of your first initial last name (ie. jsmith or jsmith78).
- Your TEMPORARY one time log in password was also included in the email.
NOTE: both user name and password are case sensitive and must be entered manually (do not copy/paste)
- Enter your user name and password then click Log On to access the system; a message will indicate your password is expired. Select a new password with the following parameters:
- A minimum of 8 characters, maximum 14 characters
- At least one Upper Case and one Lower Case letter
- At least one Numeral
- Must include one of the symbols $, # or _ and cannot include other symbols or spaces
- A suitable example would be: Abcd#001 or Abc#1234 etc.
- Select a password reset security question and answer. Once set, you can use the “I forgot my password” link on the login page to reset your password.
Once inside the MyEducationBC system you can navigate to see various details on your child.
Please take the time to do your first time login and reset your temporary password. If you are having any problems with your login, please contact either Vice-Principal, Mr. Sandor at email@example.com or Mr. Thomson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the requirements for passwords in the system on the re-set page and below in the Tips section.
When report cards are published they will be accessible in the Published Reports field as PDF’s which can be viewed, printed or saved. We recommend saving a copy of the PDF for future reference. Reports will remain on the system for approximately 30 days.
MyEducationBC Tips for accessing the Parent Portal
- Emails containing reset passwords, usernames, etc. will come from an address such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org – if you haven’t received emails from MyED, check your junk or spam files in your email
- You must use a laptop or desktop computer to initialize an account or reset a password. Some work computers and most smartphones may have a server firewall or popup blockers that prevent access to the Once your account is activated, you will be able to use a smartphone to access all info in the system.
- MyED Web Address (URL) – do not search the internet for the URL, use the one provided below:
- Bookmark the above URL for future access. Searching the internet could mean that you may try to login to the wrong database (there are several).
- Your username is usually your first initial last name. If you receive more than one username it may be because the contact information for one child is different from the contact info for another child and the system was unable to merge your accounts. Email Mr. Thomson or Mr. Sandor directly (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to have this corrected. At this point, a single username login should give parents access to all their children’s report cards.
- DO NOT copy/paste your username or password when logging into the system. Usernames and passwords MUST be entered exactly as provided and they are case
- Password Criteria When choosing your own password, please meet the following parameters:
- Minimum 8 characters, maximum 14
- At least 1 upper case letter and at least 1 lowercase letter
- At least 1 number
- Must contain one of the special characters: $, # or _ Do not use any other characters or spaces.
- Cannot contain any part of the username
- If the system doesn’t accept your new password, the original one will still be functional.
- Five unsuccessful attempts will disable your account and if this happens you will have to wait for it to be re‐set. This may take approximately half a day during the normal work week. Contact Mr. Thomson or Mr. Sandor directly if your account is disabled (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Passwords are good for 90 days, at which time after a successful login you will be required to create a new password Tip: The system will accept the same password with just a change in number, e.g. Abcd$001 can change to Abcd$002 and then Abcd$003 and so on.
- Home computers may have unique restrictions. If you experience difficulties, try another web browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, MS Edge. One of these may be the reason you cannot login or are having trouble viewing items. Use a desktop or laptop computer as mobile devices do not work reliably when initiating accounts.
- If you login and do not see a report card, it may be because you have logged in before the report card has been published. Do not click on the blue “Posted Marks” hyperlinks as they do not contain any parent accessible data.