Welcome to the Rockridge Parent Portal
Welcome to the Rockridge MyEducation BC PARENT PORTAL which will allow access to see grades, attendance and other information on your child(ren). Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account and each child will be assigned a specific username for entry.
To Access the MyEducation BC System
- Visit www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen (it is suggested you bookmark this website)
- Make sure popups are enabled for your browser.
- Your username was included in an email from email@example.com and usually is comprised of your first initial last name (ie. jsmith or jsmith78).
- Your TEMPORARY one time log in password was also included in the email.
NOTE: both user name and password are case sensitive
- Enter your user name and password then click Log On to access the system; a message will indicate your password is expired. Select a new password with the following parameters:
- A minimum of 8 characters, maximum 14 characters
- At least one Upper Case and one Lower Case letter
- At least one Numeral
- At least one of the symbols $, # or _ . Example Abc$1234
- Select a password reset security question and answer. Once set, you can use the “I forgot my password” link on the login page to reset your password.
Once inside the MyEducationBC system you can navigate to see various details on your child.
Please take the time to do your first time login and reset your temporary password. If you are having any problems with your login, please contact Vice-Principal, Mr. Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the requirements for passwords in the system on the re-set page and below in the Log-in Tips and Troubleshooting section.
When report cards are published they will be accessible in the Published Reports field as PDF’s which can be viewed, printed or saved. We recommend saving a copy of the PDF for future reference. Reports will remain on the system for 30 days.
MyEducation BC Log-in Tips and Troubleshooting:
- Incorrect URL – do not search the internet for the URL, use the one given in the email: www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen
Make it a bookmark or desktop shortcut. Searching the internet could mean that you try to login to the wrong database (there are several).
- Login is usually your first initial last name (ie. jsmith or jsmith99) and if you have additional children at Rockridge their logins will end with a number i.e. msmith2 or msmith78.
- The password MUST be entered exactly as provided. It is case sensitive. DO NOT COPY/PASTE
- Parameters for resetting your password are:
- Minimum 8 characters, Maximum 14
- 1 Upper case letter, 1 Lower case letter
- 1 numeral
- 1 special character: $ or # or _
- Acceptable example: Abc$1234
*If the system does not accept your new password, the original one will still be usable.
- Five attempts will disable your account and you will have to wait for it to be re-enabled. Contact Mr. Crowley if you have disabled your account. Use “I forgot my password” on the login screen if have forgotten your password.
- Passwords are good for 90 days, at which time after a successful login you will be required to create a new one immediately.
- Home computers may have unique restrictions. If you experience difficulties, try another web browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, MS Edge. One of these may be the reason you cannot login or are having trouble viewing items.
- When logging into a second child’s account, it is important to fully logout of a previously accessed account
- From an active account, click “Log Off” in the upper right corner of the window
- Close the current tab or window to clear your cache
- Open a new tab and navigate to www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen
- Enter the second account credentials.
If after multiple attempts, you still do not have success, email Mr. John Crowley (Vice Principal) at email@example.com