Help the students help the school
The PAC is pleased to offer parents the option of donating to the Sentinel PAC (SPAC) Wish List and receiving a tax receipt.
A donation to the PAC Wish List can be made to the SPAC through the school office. If you are interested in making a donation, please complete the Donor Form and return it to the Sentinel School office, along with your cheque made payable to “SD45 West Vancouver”.
2016 / 2017 Wish List
Every year the Sentinel PAC asks teachers what they wish their classroom had, above what the school budget can provide. We also ask the students, through the Student Council, what they would wish for. We try hard to fulfill their requests.
In past years the PAC has funded between $25,000 to $35,000 (per school year) for Wish List items. We expect the same for the 2016/2017 school year. In the past, funds have paid for:
- A document camera for the Modern Languages Department
- Eco-friendlt T-shirts for the Social Justice Trip
- Math competition fees for the Math Department
- Large sit-in Pillows for the Library
- UBC Ropes course for the Counseling Department
- New projector for the conference room
- Ski rack for the Ski team
- Multi-use sound system for the school
- Funds to build a telescope for the Astronomy Club
- T-shirts for Peer Tutoring
- Yoga Classes the Cross Training Club
- New balls for basketball, volleyballs for the Physical Education Department
- IPAD for Sentinel Stage light and sound production
- First Aid teaching equipment for the Health Science Club
- First Nations posters and art work for the Social Studies Department
- Additional material for the Robotics Club
- Material for a greenhouse for the new Greenhouse Club
- Web Space for the SD45 Application Development Team
In September and October we ask Student Council, teachers and administrative staff for their Wishlist items for the school year. Further information will be posted here as requested are received and approved. We will provide a list of items we are unable to fund as we receive more requests than available funding. If you are able to provide a cash or in-kind donation to support the Wish List contact the Sentinel PAC at firstname.lastname@example.org.