- All participating homestay families hold an up to date Police Information Checks through the Squamish, West Vancouver or North Vancouver Police Departments. The renewal is required every three years.
- Our Homestay Manager visits and interviews each family upon intake into our program as well as regular inspections
- Every homestay family participates in annual, mandatory homestay training
- Our office maintains regular, open communication with each family and vice versa
- All of our homestay families are part of a network that help and support each other
- Each homestay family has access to International Programs staff emergency cell phone numbers
- Our participating families are allowed to collect only the approved monthly fees for room and board
- All homestay families must meet our standards, policies, and expectations.
As a result, we get to know our families well. In the very rare circumstances that a family cannot provide what we require for our international students, training may be provided or the family may be removed from our program.