- All participating homestay families hold an up to date Police Information Checks through the Squamish, West Vancouver, or North Vancouver Police Departments. A renewal is required every three years.
- Our homestay coordinators visit and interview each family upon intake into our program as well as regular inspections.
- Every homestay family participates in annual, mandatory homestay training.
- Our office maintains regular, open communication with each family and vice versa.
- Our homestay families are part of a network that helps and supports each other.
- Each homestay family has access to International Programs staff emergency cell phone numbers.
- Our participating families are allowed to collect only the approved monthly fees for room and board.
- All homestay families must meet our standards, policies, and expectations.
As a result, we get to know our families well. In the very rare circumstances that a family cannot provide what we require for our international students, training may be provided, or the family may be removed from our program.