Complete all the necessary forms
Please submit your West Vancouver Schools Student Arrival Details Form.
- Include your flight itinerary
- Be sure to select whether airport pick-up service is required or not
Build a relationship with your host family
If your host family is open to having a meeting, use Skype, FaceTime, or Zoom to get to know one another. Exchange ideas about your hobbies, favorite foods, pets, families and more. Exchange emails and phone numbers and program the information into your mobile phone.
Arrival in August or January
If you are staying with a West Vancouver Schools approved host family, a nightly rate of $45 will be charged for those arriving days prior to September 1st or February 1st.
Packing and departure
In addition to your personal items, you must ensure you have the following packed in your carry-on luggage:
- Study Permit or Letter of Introduction from the Canadian government (if studying for 6 months or longer)
- Letter of Acceptance from West Vancouver Schools International Programs
- Custodianship documents, unless travelling with your natural parent
- Mobile phone, and all charging cables
- A laptop, and all charging cables
- Travel-sized bottle of hand-sanitizer (100 ml or less)
- Masks, if required by your airline
- Disinfectant wipes
We strongly suggest against booking any connection flights via the USA or booking connecting flights with tight timelines.
While in transit to the airport, in airports, and during the flight(s), keep in mind:
- Bring some food as restaurants or stores may be closed
- Be prepared for airline delays, re-routing, and cancellations
- Keep mobile phone charged if using throughout the flight to watch movies or play games