Returning students: MSP all the time
New 10-month students: Guard.Me for the first three months, followed by MSP for the rest of the school year
New 5-month students: Guard.Me all the time
What are MSP & Guard.Me?
BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- MSP is the mandatory public health insurance provided by Health Insurance BC for students with a valid study permit.
- All 10-month students must provide their study permit to the International in the beginning of school year.
- Always present your MSP card when you visit a clinic or hospital.
- Click here for information about the end of MSP coverage.
- Guard.Me is a private insurance for students without MSP.
- If you have Guard.Me insurance and went to a clinic or hospital, please keep the medical receipts, follow the instructions and submit the online claim form.
- Visit Guard.Me’s website for insurance plan details and FAQ’s.
MSP and Guard.Me cards are available for pickup at the International Office.
Any question about medical insurance, please contact International Office.