To inspire students to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for participation in our changing society, by creating supportive learning environments, and demonstrating a commitment to quality.
Tuesday, September 7th:
- 8:40-9:55am: Students in Grades 1-3 report to the field and spend the morning with last year’s teacher
- 8:50-10:05am: Students in Grades 4-7 report to the field and spend the morning with last year’s teacher
- New students report to the field to receive an orientation tour and then attend a grade-appropriate class
- If your child will not be in attendance on Tuesday, please email Carly Douglass (email@example.com) as soon as possible so we can confirm our enrollment.
Wednesday, September 8th:
- 8:40-2:40pm: Grade 1-3 students enter school at designated entrance as directed by classroom teacher
- Drop off in the roundabout.
- 8:50-2:50pm: Grade 4-7 students enter school at designated entrance as directed by classroom teacher
- Grade 4-5 students may be dropped off in roundabout
- Grade 6-7 students must use Camridge or Camelot
- Kindergarten Gradual Entry begins
- Information was sent to families with their designated times and meeting locations
Thursday, September 9th:
- Staggered starts and exits continue for our primary and intermediate students for the remainder of the school year.
- Students should be placed in their 2021-22 divisions by the end of the day. School supplies that were ordered through Creative Packs will be delivered to classrooms.
The health and safety of our community members continues to be at the forefront of our planning. Superintendent Kennedy sent an email out to families last week with information and links pertaining to health and safety guidelines and protocols. Please remember the following:
- Masks are mandatory for all adults and students in Grades 4-7. Mask wearing is encouraged for younger students.
- Staggered start and finish times are important to reduce crowding. Please ensure you drop off your child at the designated time and location
- Parents are reminded not to enter the building unless they have a scheduled appointment. Supervision aides will help students to and from the roundabout.
Chartwell school is situated in the beautiful British Properties, overlooking Vancouver and Burrard Inlet. We have extensive school grounds for the students’ use during recess, lunch and gym. This includes two separate playground structures, a natural gravel field, upper soccer and basketball courts, and a secured play area for our youngest primary students.
Programming at Chartwell is designed to support and to challenge the unique talents of all students as well as to develop leadership skills, character and social responsibility.