RACE FOR THE KIDS – SUNDAY 2ND JUNE
Come and join us on Sunday June 2nd at 9am at Queen Elizabeth Park! There’s a celebration afterwards with many free activities and a medal!! So far we have 41 team members! And have raised $476.00!!! Let’s keep it going!
To register you can follow this link:
OUTDOOR SCHOOL MEETING
Mark your calendars. Parents of current grade 5 and 6 students are invited to attend an information session for next year's grade 6/7 Outdoor School at Camp Fircom, Gambier Island. The meeting will be held on 5th June at 3:15 pm in the Learning Commons. Students will attending Outdoor School from 30th September to 2nd October.
19-20 BAND REGISTRATION
The cost for joining band is $375 and registration is now open online here. Fees may be paid online via PayPal (no account required) or by cheque made out to West Vancouver Schools. Payment by cheque should be indicated on the online registration form and cheques given directly to your child’s band teacher before September 13, 2019.
Refund Policy: There is a $50.00 non-refundable processing fee for all students, which will be deducted from any fees refunded for withdrawals made prior to September 27th. Once the program starts, all resources are committed for the year, and NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE AFTER SEPTEMBER 27, 2019.
Do you need experience to join band?
O No experience is necessary to join band!
- You will learn how to read music and play an instrument!
- We offer a beginning band class and an intermediate band class.
- Every child will receive the guidance necessary to be successful.
How much time does band take?
o Band is an elective class that meet once a week before school (8:10 start) and once during the school schedule
- Students and parents must choose to sign up for band.
- Beginners will have AT LEAST TWO PERFORMANCES their first year.
- This includes a winter concert in December and a spring concert in June.
What is the procedure for picking/renting/purchasing an instrument?
o If you sign up for band, You will be required to RENT an instrument for your child! Instrument assignment will occur in September 2019.
- When students register they will request their top three instruments
- They can will from flute, clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, trumpet, trombone, baritone, tuba, bass guitar or percussion. After the registration cut-off date I will look at everyone’s requests and create a balanced band and put your child on the instrument they will be most successful on!
- In first month of school, there will be an evening dedicated to instrument rentals. You may choose to rent from Tom Lee’s Music or Long and McQuade, both provide excellent service
- If you’re curious and would like to try out an instrument before registering, ask Ms. Gibli if you can test drive the instruments now!
GRADE 7 PROMOTIONAL CEREMONY
Tickets (no charge) can now be booked on School Cash Online. Maximum of 4 tickets per family. The Ceremony will start in the gym at 1:30 pm on Friday 21st June and will be followed by Light Refreshments in the Learning Commons afterwards.
SUMMER LEARNING OPEN
Online registration (https://westvancouverschools.ca/summer-learning/) opens on May 1st for students who attend a public school in West Vancouver. Online registration opens on May 8th for students who do not attend a public school in West Vancouver. Click here to access the elementary offerings and here for the secondary offerings,