A Message from Mr. Zerbe – March 30, 2020
I do hope that everyone and their families had a safe Spring Break. I know we all are trying to manage and cope with the day-to-day matter of COVID-19. This will mean something different for all of us. Earlier this week, Superintendent Kennedy sent out a letter to all West Vancouver Schools families outlining our district’s plan to ensure a Continuity of Learning for our students. Moving forward, learning at Ridgeview will look different for our students. Please understand that our intent is not to replicate normal classroom instruction, but rather to provide opportunities for home learning during this very challenging time. We will continue to provide regular updates as planning develops and additional information becomes available.
- If there is an urgent need to contact the school directly, please email Mr. Warren Zerbe at email@example.com and/or Chris Parslow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please check back to our school web page for more information.
- We anticipate sending our eBulletin on Thursdays.
- Teachers will send an initial email to families on Wednesday, April 1 – please ensure you “Reply” that you received this message as we want to ensure that both families and teachers are connected. Have you changed your email – directly send to the classroom teacher as well to email@example.com
- Expect the next week’s learning plans sent by your child’s teacher on Fridays. Teachers will be communicating how they will be sharing remote learning opportunities for students.
Ridgeview Elementary School is located in West Vancouver, a district that affords prime opportunities for those wishing to embrace a healthy lifestyle and make healthy living choices. Our close proximity to parks, ocean, beaches, and local mountains provides members of our school community with easy access to nature walks, hikes, beach trips and snowshoe adventures.
Ridgeview is a Kindergarten to Grade 7 school with a long tradition of excellence in Academics, Athletics, and the Fine Arts. We prepare students with skills and competencies for success today and in the future.
Ridgeview students are provided with an array of opportunities to develop Content and Core Competencies in Thinking, Communication and Personal and Social Responsibility.
We encourage students to be self-aware, to understand their personal strengths, challenges, passions, and desire for future learning explorations.
We are aware that we live in an age where innovation is increasingly a group endeavour, and so in addition to teaching content, we emphasis personal and social skills inclusive of humility, collaboration, flexibility and adaptability, and loving to learn and re-learn.
Ridgeview students are strongly encouraged to participate in the school community, be it through participating, serving or leading in the Academics, Athletics, Fine Arts and/or Community Service.
Nurturing the whole child and encouraging each child to be his or her unique self is a result of Ridgeview’s strong work ethic (focus on grit) and equally strong culture of care.
We are a school where parents, staff and students have fun and find joy in learning and working together.
Ridgeview school is the Home of the Dragons. Our community is strong, courageous, and resilient.
Ridgeview students are well supported to succeed in life today and well positioned for success in the future.
8:50 a.m.Entry Bell
8:55 a.m.Classes Commence/Morning Announcements
10:20 – 10:40Recess
12:00 – 12:20Lunch Eating
12:20 – 12:45Lunch Play
12:45 p.m.Classes Resume