Framework for Enhancing Student Learning
At Ridgeview, students, staff and parents believe that as a community of learners we must create and preserve a safe, calm and caring environment where EVERYONE is welcomed, respected and valued, and able to learn and achieve at their personal best.
Framework For Enhancing Student Learning Goal: To increase the percentage of students who report feeling a sense of belonging at Ridgeview.
We are excited with the opportunities that staff are planning with our students to support the following big ideas for our school goal:
- Post pandemic shift to reconnect and build community
- Coaching empathy and encouraging positive relationships based in respect and kindness with programs that support friendships and conflict resolution
- Self-regulation to optimize learning with programs to build confidence and resiliency
- School wide focus and themes around Character Virtues (Respect, Gratitude, Kindness, Empathy, Integrity and Perseverance) that establish expectations for behaviour, a scope and sequence for teaching, and learning celebrations
- Exploring “Self,” “Others,” and how we connect to the “World” using Adrienne Gear’s Powerful Understanding as a guide
- Embed the First Peoples Principles of Learning as part of this framework connected to our Ridgeview Indigenous Education Plan
- Student forums for their voice and feedback as part of our planning
- Daily PA announcements based on our work of creating a sense of belonging
- Connecting with parents again with in-person events and opportunities for on-going communication besides existing electronic messaging and virtual meetings
For more information – please see the link below for the full FESL. If you have any inquires, please contact Mr. W. Zerbe (firstname.lastname@example.org), Principal.