Drop-off and pick-up times can be very busy at all school sites. Please respect school staff and volunteers who direct traffic and help keep children safe.
By choosing to carpool, bus or use active transportation options (such as walking) to school you can help to reduce congestion and stress in our school zones.
If you must drive, please set a good example for students at all times.
During busy periods, consider taking a “Drive to 5” approach. That means you drive most of the way but leave the car in a spot that’s just a 5 minute walk from school.
Give yourself enough time to travel to avoid distracted driving and impatient actions put our students at risk.
• Drive lawfully and safely, without distraction – your behaviour is a model for your kids
• Obey 30 kmph School Zone and Playground Zone speed limits
• Stop at stop signs, and for pedestrians in crosswalks
• Obey posted “No Stopping” and “No Parking” signs. Pick-up and drop-off only means no parking.
• Encourage children to cross only at designated crosswalks and to look both ways before crossing the street
• “Drive to 5!” Avoid the crowd by leaving your car a 5-minute walk from school.
• Don’t block crosswalks, driveways, or fire hydrants
• Don’t make a U-Turn, back up, or use driveways to turn around – these moves can put kids at risk
• Don’t pass stopped vehicles – there may be a child crossing the street
We work closely with the municipality and police department to improve safety in our school zones. For more information, please visit the muncipality’s website.
Visitor parking is available at our school, but the number of spaces is limited. Carpooling is recommended where possible.
If you need to enter the school during peak pick-up and drop-off times, please plan to park your vehicle farther away from school and walk in.
Our school parking lot is open for public use after school hours (unless otherwise marked).
Busing to School
For more information on bus options, please visit the school district’sTransportation & Parking page.