The Community School Association (CSA)
CSA Mission Statement: supports the Bowen Island Community School as the hub of community life on Bowen by encouraging community development and life-long learning, leading to strong families, a healthier community and enhancement of the quality of life for all ages.
What does the CSA do?
- Assist in coordinating community involvement in the community school and school involvement in the community
- Promote and support community use of BICS facilities through community engagement
- Fund community projects and events that will bring together various community groups
How can you get involved?
- The Christmas Craft Fair – Our Biggest Event and Fundraiser of the Year!
- BIRD Refundable Containers – Recycling fun!
Come to a meeting! Any resident of Bowen Island can join the CSA.
Some of our Projects and sponsored events: BICS Playground Installation, Green Man Festival, West Coast Symphony, Bowen Grows Community Feast and Young Farmers Program, Bowen Youth Centre Programming, BICS Coffee Fund & Staff Appreciation, Community School Coordinator Funds, BICS Water Filtration, Community-Use After-Hours at BICS, Community School Art Project, Outdoor Learning Centre , Community Garden, Homework Club.
Visit the CSA’s Facebook page for more information: Bowen Island Community School Association – CSA
As a designated community school, there are many ways that the school and community work in partnership to support the needs of the community. Community learning and development as well as advocacy play a key role in the work of the Community School Coordinator (CSC).
The CSA Board for 2017-2018
Frazer Elliott (Co-Chair)
Sheana Stevenson (Co-Chair)
Pernille Nielsen (Vice-Chair)
Hope Dallas (Secretary)
Shayle Duffield (Treasurer)
Sarah Haxby (Community School Coordinator)
Scott Slater (BICS Principal)