Why get involved?
Strong, continuing partnerships are built between schools and community/employers so that students gain the knowledge and experience to make sound educational career decisions. Career development benefits employers and the community.
- Employers receive public recognition for their community service;
- They develop sources of potential employees who have relevant employment skills and on-the-job training;
- They provide a leadership role in our community by teaching a student skills that can be resourced in the future;
- They develop thier own employee supervisory and evaluation skills;
- They provide students with the opportunity to understand the link between their classroom-based learning and the world of employment;
- They can positively influence young people’s attitudes towards work.
- Enhance greater understanding between students and community employers;
- Promote awareness of job opportunities within our schools;
- Expand local partnerships with the education system.