Students interested in this program must fill out the online application form.
For females entering grades 11 & 12
This program is designed to train students to become fitness leaders through a 25 hour nationally recognized CANFITPRO certification course. Topics include: learning about fitness, musicality, human anatomy and physiology, group fitness class components and the building and teaching of a fitness class. Daily classes will include time to train using the fitness training principles and guidelines. A focus will be on goal setting to plan individualized work outs to enhance their personal fitness. Students will participate in a variety of fitness classes at the West Vancouver Recreation Centre and in the community.
Goals & Benefits of this Program:
- Earn graduation credits and industry certification as a fitness instructor.
- Learn job-ready skills required to enter the fitness industry as CANFITPRO fitness instructors.
- Train daily to develop or maintain personal fitness using the fitness training guidelines and principles.
- Connect as a community of learners with a passion for fitness and health.
- Opportunity for students to create employment in their school and/or community as a fitness instructor.
- Increase self-confidence and personal self-esteem, through leadership skills developed through fitness instruction.
Time: Day 1 or 2 from 1:45 – 3:00 pm
Location: West Vancouver Secondary School & West Vancouver Recreation Centre
$550 per year ($55.00 x 10 months)