MyEducation BC Family Portal is used by our secondary schools to access report cards, attendance, and other information for your child(ren). Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account.
To Access the MyEducation BC System:
- Visit www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen (it is suggested that you bookmark this website).
- Make sure popups are enabled for your browser. When activating a new account or creating a new password, use a desktop or laptop computer; you may not be able to activate new accounts from a smartphone.
- Emails containing login IDs, passwords, etc. will come from an address such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. A temporary one time log in password will also be included in the email.
- Criteria to reset your password must be followed:
- 8 minimum, 14 maximum characters
- 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter
- 1 number
- 1 special character: # or $ or _
- Cannot contain the password, first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, personal ID or sequential letters or numbers
- Passwords expire after 90 days, at which time after a successful login you will be required to create a new password immediately.
- Home computers may have unique restrictions. If you experience difficulties, try another web browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or MS Edge. Your current browser may be the reason you cannot log in or are having trouble viewing items.
- When report cards are published, they will be accessible via the Published Reports field as PDFs which can be viewed, printed or saved. We recommend saving a copy of the PDF for future reference. Reports will be visible in the portal for a limited amount of time, it is recommend that you save or print a copy for your records.
The MyEducation BC system may be unavailable if outages are required during weekly maintenance periods at the following times:
Wednesday from 6-11 pm
Sunday from 6-11 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access the system?
You will receive an email with your login ID and password information.
Please check your JUNK or SPAM folder for the email. You can log on to MyEducationBC Family Portal from any computer that connects to the internet.
- Go to MyEducationBC link at our website or click here.
- Enter your login ID and password.
- The first time you log on, you will be prompted to change your password.
I don’t have Family Portal Access.
Please contact the school office to make sure your correct email address is in the contact information for your child.
I’ve never received an email for Family Portal login ID and password etc.
Emails containing login IDs, passwords, etc. will come from an address such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you haven’t received emails from MyEducationBC, either check your junk or spam folders or contact the school office to make sure we have the correct email address on file for you.
What is my login and password?
Your login and password have been sent to you via email. Please check your junk folder if you did not get it or contact the school office.
I forgot my password.
If you forget your password, click “I forgot my password” on the login screen. Once you successfully answer your security question, a new password will be emailed to you. IMPORTANT: The recovery process asks for your current login ID and email address. Both are case sensitive.
My account is disabled.
You can re-enable your account by using the “I forgot my password” on the login screen. Your status will then change from disabled to enabled.
What happens if I have too many unsuccessful login attempts?
Ten unsuccessful attempts will disable your account and if this happens you will have to wait for it to be re‐enabled. There will be no staff in schools during Spring Break, Christmas Break or after Mid-July. You will need to wait until school is back in session to contact the school office.
What do I do if my password fails.
Passwords expire after 90 days to protect your child’s data. Prior to this occurring, you will be prompted to change your password. Please make sure to allow pop-ups in your browser.
What do I do if my password fails or I forgot my Login ID.
I see a blank window when I double click the PDF report cards.
Please make sure to allow pop-ups (unblock pop-ups) in your browser. Pop-ups must be enabled in order for some features of the site to work properly.
I cannot login to the Family Portal or am having trouble viewing items.
Home computers may have unique restrictions. If you experience difficulties, try another web browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, or MS Edge. Your current browser may be the reason you cannot log in or are having trouble viewing items. Please ensure that you are using a desktop or laptop computer, as mobile devices do not allow you to initiate an account.
I received more than one email with different login IDs.
If you would prefer one login ID, please contact your school with your request.
Why can I only see one of my children on the Family Portal?
If any of your students are not visible on the Family Portal, please contact the school office.
I can see the report card for one of my children but not the other.
Please contact the school office to let them know you are missing a report card.
Be sure to include the student’s name, and ask to have their report card re-published.
I cannot see a report card for my child.
Report cards are visible as soon as they are published. You should receive an email letting you know they have been posted. Please contact the school office to let them know if you are missing a report card. Be sure to include the student’s name, and ask to have their report card re-published.