We hope you have had a fabulous time in West Vancouver during the 2018-2019 school year and have made memories and friendships that will last a lifetime! The International Programs team has a few important reminders for you.
Last Day of Classes and Exams:
- June 20th, 2019 is the last day of classes for all students.
- School Exams – Do I write them? Yes, all students are expected to write the in class exams given by their teachers.
- June 21st to June 27th, 2019 Provincial Literacy and Numeracy Exams – Do I write them? Students who are not graduating from our schools are NOT required to write these assessments. If you are unsure, please speak to your counsellor.
- Students may book their flights to leave as soon as possible after June 20th. If you are writing a provincial exam, please check your dates carefully before booking.
- All short-term students must be on a flight home by June 30th, 2019. Your health insurance ends on June 30th and you must be out of the country by June 30th.
- Your Homestay Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) needs to have your flight details for your return flight home. If your flights have changed, please make sure the Homestay Coordinator is aware!
- You will need to arrange your own transportation to the airport. See our office if you need help.
- Our office will email a copy of your report card to you, your family, and your agent. We do this for all students including the ones that require validation or notarization.
- Validation/Notarization of Report Cards: In addition to receiving an emailed copy of their report card, students from Mexico, Brazil, Spain and Italy will receive a validated/notarized report card via their agent by priority mail. For more information, please email Dona at email@example.com.
- Homestay – curfew and are rules are still in place until you are back in your home country. Your homestay families will be sad to see you leave! Leaving a thank you card for your homestay is always a nice gesture.
- School – be on time, attend all classes and continue good work habits until the last day of classes. Don’t forget to say goodbye to your counsellor and teachers (and return all textbooks).
- Make sure you have a positive end to this wonderful journey. There is still so much to see and do! Please plan your weekends now. Also, leave time for packing (it will take longer than you expect) and any last minute purchases.
- Graphing Calculators: Any students who borrowed a graphing calculator from our office will need to return the calculator to our office (1075 21st Street) to obtain their refund.
We hope you have enjoyed your experience in Canada and in particular at West Vancouver Schools!