Many of you already know the new Hollyburn administration team, Mr. Blackburn and Miss Miller. However, we would like to share some information that you might not already know about us…
I am very excited about the year ahead. After many years of teaching at both the elementary and secondary levels, I was overjoyed to begin my career in West Vancouver as a learning support teacher at Bowen Island Community School. Since then, I have spent time as the Vice Principal at Ridgeview Elementary School, and most recently at Hollyburn Elementary, before taking on the role of Principal for the 2019/2020 school year.
DID YOU KNOW?
- I love to travel! I have travelled on just about every continent and truly believe that seeing the world reminds us of how important it is to look out for one another.
- I can play the guitar, juggle, and run a marathon, but I’ve still never been able to spell “Wednesday” without saying “Wed-nes-day” in my head.
- I love cooking breakfast, and am pretty good with Italian food, but I’m terrible at baking! All tips and tricks accepted.
After teaching in a variety of elementary schools in the district, I was fortunate to find a home at Hollyburn Elementary School. For the last few years, I have had the opportunity to work with truly amazing educators in this special place. We have gone through many changes, but our sense of connection and community have kept us strong. I look forward to supporting my fellow colleagues in pursuing their passions, supporting students in learning new things, and supporting families in developing new relationships and connections with the school. I am very excited to take on everything that this new position entails!
DID YOU KNOW?
- I have SUPER strong bones – never broken a bone or had a cavity
- I have swam with sharks – on a trip to Hawaii
- I have not (YET) travelled outside North America
Now that you know a little more about us, we are so excited to learn more about all of our Hollyburn staff, students, and families in the upcoming school year. We are looking forward to hearing about trips, new Netflix show suggestions, outdoor experiences, summer treats, sleepovers, summer camps, playdates, Summer Reading Club, etc….and we are so ready!
We are eagerly awaiting everyone’s arrival tomorrow for a full day (Kindergarten = 10am-12noon)!
For those students and families returning, see if you can identify any changes to the school over the summer holidays!
See you tomorrow!
Mr. Blackburn and Miss Miller