Middle years programme Course Outlines
Grade 8 – 10 Course Outlines
Please note that all outlines listed here are subject to change based on teachers’ discretion. These are meant as a guide and to give the school community an idea of what the courses entail.
Criteria for Achievement Levels in MYP Courses
Requirement for the MYP Certificate
Rockridge will award an IB MYP certificate to each grade 10 who has:
- participated in the programme for a minimum of one year (MYP year 5)
- gained at least an IB grade of 3 or higher in all subjects
- gained at least a IB grade of 3 or higher for the personal project
- gained a grade total of at least 21 from six subject groups and the personal project combined, out of a possible maximum of 49
- completed the school’s requirement for community service.
- A grade from at least one subject from each of the following six subject groups must contribute to the award of the certificate:
- language and literature
- language acquisition (or a second language and literature)
- individuals and societies
- arts, physical and health education or design