Focus on Visual arts through Art West 45
Applications are now open for an exciting art opportunity at West Vancouver Secondary School. Art West 45 is a full-day, broad-based visual arts program that will be offered in September 2015 to students in Grades 10-12 who have a strong interest in visual arts and design.
Students will receive up to 16 credits towards graduation, along with the opportunity to develop connections through community galleries, studios and businesses.
As a full-day program, Art West 45 will support a passion for the arts by offering:
- Extended time to work on projects
- Increased 1:1 time with teachers
- Guest speakers and artists to enrich student learning
- Opportunities to develop techniques, broaden skill set and develop more focussed objectives
- Portfolio development for post-secondary consideration
- Opportunities for cross-curricular connections to enhance creative development
- Connection to local community organizations including relevant businesses, art galleries, and design studios
- Potential for apprenticeship with professionals
A work plan, developed between student and teacher will include the themes of photography, 2D and 3D projects, as well as film and television or animation. Students will have the opportunity to plan additional time in a concentration field of their choice.